[1970-1978] Early Childhood
Bruce Alan Wayne was born in a rich family, as the second child of Dr. Thomas Wayne and his wife Martha, with his older brother Thomas Wayne Jr. as the sole heir to the Wayne fortune. As a kid, he had a fortunate childhood; he was always praised by his parents for his natural intelligence, good looks, and athleticism. During this time he also got really close with his older brother and the family butler Alfred Pennyworth, he considers him as a role model, and as the sole reason he strives for the best. When Bruce entered kindergarten that is when he met his longtime friend Thomas Elliot, as well as his childhood sweetheart Julie Madison. During this time his parents also initiated more family gatherings, so that Bruce may get to know and interact with his cousins more. One night when the Waynes were out on a business trip, the plane that they were on malfunctioned and almost crashed. Because of this traumatizing event, they started to pay more attention and spoiling their two kids a lot more, Thomas heavily disliked this, while Bruce enjoyed every last second of it. But unfortunately this small yet short fortune that Bruce was currently experiencing had came to a sudden stop. When they went down an alleyway in Park Row, a petty criminal named Joe Chill suddenly held the family at gunpoint, not wanting any more trouble, Bruce’s parents offered everything they had, when the clasps of Martha’s pearl necklace got stuck, Thomas abruptly moved to help his wife. But the mugger got spooked and accidentally triggering the gun causing Thomas to be shot, his wife held out a scream, then another shot was fired. Angered by this Thomas jr. attempted to attack the mugger, while attempting to defend himself, Chill fired one last shot, seeing that the bullet may hit Bruce, Thomas intercepted it by blocking the bullet with his own body, Horrified of what he did, Chill fled the scene, leaving a traumatized Bruce Wayne all alone in the alleyway. With his dying breath, Thomas uttered his last words "Remember Bruce, Justice not Vengeance"
[1980-1985] Early Years
The upcoming years of his childhood, he remained in the care of his butler and closest friend Alfred Pennyworth. Bruce's childhood years around this point weren't so great, in school all the other kids would take this opportunity to mock and take advantage of his mental state. The only shining light he had in school were Thomas and Julie. Around this time, he would also take up self-defense classes with Julie, as well as guidance and extra training from Alfred. One day in school, having enough of the bullying and harassment, when one of his bullies attempted to insult his mother Martha, Bruce lashed out and mercilessly beat the kid to the point where he got temporarily suspended. Seizing this opportunity to help his poor nephew, Jacob would arrange frequent family meetups to help mitigate and ease his current mental state, by letting him bond with his cousins. Julie and Thomas would also do everything they can to help their friend, around the time Bruce turned 13, he started dating Julie. However these methods doesn't seem to work as Bruce's mental state kept getting worse, he started getting distant with everyone he knew, this would cause Julie and him to have a falling out and eventually break up. He later graduated high-school in Brentwood Academy at the age of 14. After Graduating from school, he felt empty and kept himself cooped up inside his home, but after hearing about his killer's whereabouts, he tracked his killer down and beat him mercilessly, with every punch getting even more brutal than the last, this made Detective Jim Gordon apprehend Bruce, to stop him from killing Chill. After returning home, he visited his family's graves asking for guidance, that was when he met a girl named Andrea Beaumont. Andrea was nothing like Julie, as he found out that she also lost her parents around the same age as him, but unlike him, rather than this tragedy weigh her down she would always try to be optimistic. Intrigued, they both started to bond over their respective experiences, and Bruce started to fall for her. However Bruce was planning to leave Gotham, in order to pursue his education and eventual training in other countries. He would spend his last days in Gotham with Andrea, and with a kiss and a promise to return to her, he left Gotham around 1985.
[1985-1993] The Training
Having his eyes opened to the crime and corruption that Gotham showed him. He dedicated his studies, in attending universities like Cambridge, The Sorbonne in Paris, and Berlin University of Science to expand his knowledge on forensics and criminology. In 1986, he traveled to London to train under great detectives like Harvey Herris and Dan Malory, he also paid a lot of money to train under the current heavy weight champion at the time Theodore Grant. In 1988, he later traveled to Italy, to train under a sorcerer disguising as a magician named Giovanni Zatara. Under Zatara, Bruce managed to learn a couple of techniques in escaping several traps, tricks and illusions. He then continued to train under several masters in South America, Australia, and other European countries. Bruce then decided to travel east in 1991, his first stop was in the Himalayan Mountains. That is where he would train under Shihan Matsusa, under Matsusa’s teachings, Bruce would further hone his skills in martial arts and as well as having full control of his own body. Impressed with his development, Shihan would send Bruce to Korea, to learn under Master Kirigi. During his time with Kirigi, he would eventually master every known traditional Korean fighting style in just under a year. At the age of 22, he would return to America, and reunite with Andrea. The two immediately started hooking up, and started a whirlwind of romance. Bruce even proposed to her during New Year’s Eve of 1993, but unfortunately due to family reasons, she couldn’t accept the proposal. Heartbroken, Bruce decided to continue his training, with the FBI, but leaving just 6 weeks after his application. That is when he met a man named Henri Ducard.
[1993-1997] The Shadows
Ducard took Bruce under his wing and thought him everything he knew, impressed by the boy's progress he would eventually reveal himself as none other than Ra's al'Ghul head of the League of Shadows. Bruce would soon be indoctrinated and be given the title of Xu'ffasch and was assigned to train under experienced mercenary David Cain. During his time with the league, as part of his training, he would usually embark on special missions to assassinate certain individuals, alongside future teammate Oliver Queen. As the years pass by his training under Cain would make Bruce became more proficient in the art of stealth and killing, and eventually passing his own mentor and training under Ra's again. Training under the head of the demon, one of his daughters, Talia caught his eye. He would eventually date Talia behind Ra's back, but eventually Ra's would find out about the affair, and rather than opposing the two of them, he would immediately propose a wedding for the both of them, alongside Oliver Queen and his soon to be bride Nyssa al'Ghul. Talia and Bruce would have a whirlwind of romance, with Bruce even getting recognized by Ra's as the rightful heir of the Shadows. However this will all change, when a bounty was placed upon an innocent man, questioning the motives of the league and wondering the morality and validity of all the killings he has done up until now, he decides to rebel alongside a small group of assassins with Oliver Queen, leaving Talia behind as well, No one knows what happened after other than Bruce himself. But after days of travelling he would eventually return to Gotham. Not knowing that the woman he once loved, would carry a vengeful gaze for betraying her love and the entirety of the Shadows.
Upon his return to Gotham in mid-summer of 1997, he made sure to make his return known to the press, in order to make it harder for the vengeful League to get him. He rekindled his past relationships with Alfred, his Uncle and Kate. After seizing his company back, Bruce figured to use the skills he honed during his travels to fulfill his dream of ending crime in Gotham, figuring that the police don’t work on the wicked anymore. He decided to create a persona that will resonate with all the criminals of Gotham, using an old legend that his parents told him as an inspiration. He became the force that Gotham needed. He became Batman
Bruce Wayne's billionaire play-boy philanthropist persona has given him a chance to date a lot of women over the years
- Julie Madison (Dated: 1983-1984)
- Andrea Beaumont (Dated: 1985, Ex-Fiancée: 1992-1993)
- Talia al'Ghul (Ex-Wife: 1994-1996)
- Vicki Vale (Dated: 1997-1998)
- Selina Kyle (On and Off Dating: 1998-2001)
- Diana Prince (Dating: 2003)
Powers and Abilities:
Peak Human Condition- Through intense training, specialized diet and meditation, Batman represents the absolute pinnacle of human physical prowess, his physical attributes exceed that of an Olympic-level athlete that has ever competed. His strength, speed, stamina, agility, reflexes, senses, healing and endurance are all at near peak perfection. Since the age of 15, he has gone through serious rigorous exercise and training to achieve this type of body.
- Peak Human Strength- As part of his rigorous training exercise, Batman can bench press for over 1000 pounds.
- Peak Human Durability- He is able to withstand being stabbed and shot multiple times, as well as beatings from meta-humans such as Killer Croc, and withstand a few blows during a brief tussle from Wonder Woman despite her vast superhuman strength.
- Peak Human Agility- He can flawlessly coordinate his body with perfect balance, flexibility, and dexterity. His main phase of movement is parkour, which he learned in France and uses it to scale the cities rooftops in an acrobatic manner.
- Peak Human Reflexes-Batman’s reflexes seem superhuman, because he can even keep up in dodging and blocking gunfire, he even managed to catch one of Green Arrow’s arrow mid-flight.
Mastery of Fear- It is widely known that Batman has the ability to instill fear in others, even the people that know him best are intimidated by him, Batman regularly forces common criminals flee in terror, despite there is no evidence that he would actually kill anyone. Even those who aren't afraid of the likes of Superman fear Batman
Master Detective- Bruce is capable of observation, forensic investigation, and inductive and deductive reasoning of the highest caliber. Human intuition is one of Batman's most effective tools.
Stealth- Due to his training with the League of Assassins, he has a mastery over disguises and stealth, and is capable of breaching high secured facilities without getting detected.
World Class martial-artist- Over his travels batman has mastered a variety of fighting styles from Jujitsu, Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai, etc.
- Batsuit- Batman's costume is composed of Kevlar and a small percentage of titanium; it is bulletproof and resistant to most forms of attack (explosions, blunt trauma, falls, etc.) It is also flame-retardant and insulated. The gloves and the boots are reinforced to nullify the impact of punches and kicks. Batman's gauntlets have retractable metallic blades on their sides. The cape is extremely light and can be used to glide long distances. The cowl is composed in small part by lead, which shields Batman's face from identification via x-rays. It has also an infrared viewer and auditory sensors. The cowl is outfitted with security systems (aggravating gas, electric blasts, etc.) like the utility belt. The mask is also a transmitter-receiver.
- Utility Belt- Batman keeps most of his personal field equipment in his iconic yellow utility belt. Over the years, it has produced plastic explosives, nerve toxins, batarangs, smoke bombs, a fingerprint kit, a cutting tool, a Grapple Gun, and a re-breather. It also contains its own automatic security systems.
- The Fleet- Batman over the years has obtained different vehicles, for different purposes, from the heavily armored batmobile, to the slick batcycle that can keep up with the fastest of vehicles, and many more.
- Only Human-Batman may have all of this skill, weaponry and gadget, but unlike his teammates he is only human, and you can injure/kill him like one.
- Physicality: B
- Occult: B
- Expertise: A
- Combat: B
- Strategy: A+
- TOTAL RANKING: High Threat
[Trivia & Notes]
- Bruce has killed people in the past, especially during his time with the Shadows, however nowadays he tries to restrain himself, as he vowed never to kill again after the unjust assassination attempt of an innocent man.
- The beginning of Batman and Superman's career jump started the return of masked vigilantes during the 21st Century
- Bruce has a net worth of 9.2 billion dollars
- Bruce actually doesn't drink Alcohol, as he deems it unnecessary, but he would usually drink ginger ale or stuff that looks like alcohol, just to keep up appearances when he's attending different social functions.
- Despite being one of the original founders of the Justice League, he doesn't actually consider himself as a full fledged member
- Bruce doesn't have any familial ties to Adeline Wilson/Kane in the comics