Powers & Abilities:
Martian Physiology- Martian Manhunter has been described as "the Swiss Army knife of superheroes." He possesses many of the powers of Superman. J’onn’s powers comes from his alien physiology would seem to be composed of a complex molecular chain that resembles polymer bonds but with the ability to be altered at will. The Martian Manhunter can change his mass, color, relative shape, imitating even clothing if desired. The biopolymer is extremely flexible, durable, incredibly strong for a biological material and apparently self-sustaining.
- Shape Shifting, Malleability, Plasticity, Elongation- Arguably one of the most incredible powers possessed by the Manhunter is the ability to shape-shift. He is able to literally control the molecular structure of his body's biopolymers and manipulate them into any construct he desires, in addition to and including his own body. He can form clothing and weapons with non-moving or non-functioning parts. His ability to imitate people and their mannerisms has stood him in good stead for his disguises. He has recently been seen to shape-shift into the size and shape of a common house fly and to enormous sizes comparable to skyscrapers.
- Density Control- By decreasing the molecular density of his body by loosening the bonds within the biopolymers, J’onn has the ability to phase through solid matter. Likewise, this biomorphic structure of the Manhunter's body also allows him to absorb almost all kinetic energies such as high caliber bullets, shrapnel, or flying debris easily. He can harden his biopolymers by rebinding them and increase his durability to the point where he is nearly on par with Superman. Along with his nigh-invulnerability, his shape shifting makes him even more difficult to harm.
- Enhanced Strength- The Martian Manhunter is one of the strongest beings on the planet. The Martian's superhuman strength comes from his biomorphic structure formed from immensely long and complex molecular chains, augmented with his psionic and telekinetic abilities allowing him to lift up to 100 tons without much effort. J’onn has been seen lifting tankers out of the ocean for vast distances, and stalemating powerhouses like Superman. By modifying the density of these biopolymers, he can make himself stronger by forcing them into tighter bundles. While at a resting state the limits of his strength are unknown. He is nearly as strong as or stronger than the likes of Superman when concentrating his biopolymers to their full capacity.
- Enhanced Stamina- J'onn's endurance is just as formidable as his strength and invulnerability. He can operate under extreme conditions for an indeterminate period of time without showing signs of fatigue. The exact range of this power is unknown.
- Cellular Regeneration- The Martian Manhunter has shown amazing regenerative capabilities
- Invisibility- The Manhunter can cause the biopolymers in his body to lose their ability to reflect light, rendering the Manhunter invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Longevity- Martians are known to live far longer than humans, the exact range for their life spans are still up for debate but J’onn has said that they could live for up to 300-700 years.
[Trivia & Notes]
- J'onn is has an unhealthy obsession with the chocolate cookies, Chocos
- J'onn is a composite character with the different characters who had taken up the mantle of a hero called Manhunter
- Chocos are basically just the DC universe equivalent to Oreos